Junior Systems Administrator Role, London, Competitive salary + bonus & Benefits
TRM International are pleased to be supporting a Financial trading company in London, who are seeking the skills of C# Developers to join a small, growing team in a collaborative environment with colleagues from a solid science and programming background at all levels of experience with a focus on the .NET platform.
- Maintaining our infrastructure including our farm of on-site and off-site servers
- Monitoring and maintaining our in-house software applications
- Managing the Microsoft Windows universe
- Administering Active Directory and Group Policy
- Managing storage systems, including NAS and iSCSI
The right candidate will be able to assume responsibilities as she or he shows that they can be relied upon and have the ability to grasp wider concepts. You should be comfortable to come to grips with any new technology that is thrown at you.
We are looking for someone that can demonstrate the following:
- Experience of system administration in a Microsoft Active Directory environment
- Networking experience (we use Juniper equipment primarily)
- Working knowledge of SQL, scripting languages (e.g. Powershell), HTML and web technologies
- Exposure to Hyper-V virtualisation
- Solid hardware experience, e.g. with building custom machines
- Some programming experience is desirable We would expect that you have and be:
- Well-organised. You should enjoy proper planning and having things in order, both at work and in your daily life.
- Attention to detail. In a field where missing a single character can make all the difference, we would expect you to pay attention to, and even have an obsession with, details.
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written English
- Naturally, an intimate understanding of computer technology and an intrinsic drive to develop your knowledge in the field
- Willingness to support the business that operates 24/7
- Strong interpersonal skills and a mature, responsible attitude
If you are diligent, switched on and with an enthusiastic attitude, we would love to hear from you.
- Exposure to the latest technology and software. We like to upgrade!
- Work that is free of bureaucracy and focused on ideas and solutions.
- A non-corporate environment with a friendly team and flat hierarchy.
- Opportunity to grow with your responsibilities, and long-term progression
- A wide range of extra benefits, such as gym membership, personal trainer, pension scheme, private health insurance, team outings, daily fruit and snacks, and more.
- We encourage a good work-life balance and healthy living - while also enjoying the occasional pizza lunch and office cake. Smokers need not apply.
- The position is full-time, with part-time applications being considered as well, and office-based. It is a permanent position and available immediately.